Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Lack of an Outlet

I have recently come to the realisation that one consequence of lockdown is that I have, by and large, stopped engaging with my hobbies - by the time I've finished work I tend to find I just can't be bothered with some of them, while others involve spending quite a bit of time sitting at a screen, which after a long day of working from home is the last thing that I want to do.

However, the upshot of that is that there generally hasn't been any great avenue for enjoyment - there's nothing to release the tension. And that's probably one of the reasons things have been such an ordeal of late. (Obviously, another key reason is a complete inability to get any meaningful rest, on account of a 3-year-old and a 3-month-old. And, at present, a heatwave that really isn't helping.)

That's definitely something that needs some consideration. Because while all the various things I'm dealing with are important (and I have an update to the church website to do that is badly overdue...), it is worth considering that there is a need sometimes just to switch off and relax for a bit. And hobbies are intended for exactly that purpose.

That said, it doesn't help that over the course of lockdown I have found that I don't really miss one of the two, and I've become significantly disenchanted with the other...

No comments: