Friday, July 09, 2021

Our Revels Now Are Ended

I finished reading the final act of "Pericles, Prince of Tyre" yesterday, and in doing so I finished LC's copy of "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare". That in turn completes the British side of The List - there remain twelve books to read, but those are all taken from the US side.

I must confess, I found Shakespeare's tragedies hard going, largely because I had already read three of the best known (Julius Caesar, MacBeth, Hamlet), and was of course familiar with two others (Romeo & Juliet, King Lear). I very much enjoyed Othello, but the rest seemed mostly to be a grab-bag of lesser lights. Which is a shame. Needless to say, I'm glad now to be done.

#30: "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare" (a book from The List - twelve to go)

No comments: