Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #37: Evolution Cucumber Salad

Another week, another salad. This may be the least inspiring chapter in any cookbook ever. I mean, I get that it's important to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and I get that most people don't eat salads because they tend to be deadly dull, and so efforts to try to improve them are worthwhile. It's just that these efforts to prevent them from being deadly dull are themselves deadly dull.

The cucumber salad was okay. It was an improvement over the potato salad and the tomato salad of the last two weeks. But, really, I don't think I'd bother making it again - for the most part, I think I'd be just as happy eating a chopped cucumber, without all the fiddling.

So, I'm afraid this is another loss, putting the score at 3-2 against for this chapter. Next is an "Evolution Carrot Salad", which no doubt represents another marvellous opportunity to grate big holes in my thumb. I can hardly wait.

However, I'm not sure if that will take place next week. I'm not at work next week, and one of the things I'm planning on doing is restocking my freezer with cooked meals of various sorts - lasagne, chilli, and the various curries. That being the case, I'm not sure I'll really have a suitable opportunity to fit in the carrot salad. We'll see.

No comments: