Thursday, March 19, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #11: Kung Po Prawns

LC and I appear to have exhausted "Jamie's Italy" - unless we happen to get access to either calamari or lots of game (for a hunter's lasagne) I doubt we'll be doing anything more from that one. So, this week's Experimental Cookery came from Ching-He Huang's "Chinese Food Made Easy".

As with everything I've done from that book, this one required some prep ahead of time and then was very quick and easy to make. And it was very nice, too, although it didn't exactly go according to plan - the "crispy coating" on the prawns turned out to be a desultory covering, and mostly ended up stuck in the wok, and that meant that the sauce over thickened.

It was still a nice meal, just not quite what was intended. I therefore definitely plan to have this again, but am determined to do better next time!

This Week's Mug: This week's mug is a blue "Riviera Maya" mug with a scene showing tropical fish. I got this while on honeymoon in Mexico, and I don't think I've ever actually used it since. Anyway, it's lovely.

#13: "The Secret History", by Donna Tartt (the first book from The List of 2015)

No comments: