Monday, May 06, 2019

Also at the Weekend: To Done

Shortly after I revisited the To Do list last month I decided to add a further three tasks. This took it up to a total of eight tasks, some of them fairly trivial. Given that a couple of weeks have now passed, I thought I'd take another quick look:
  1. Painting the study: No movement, though I think we have now chosen the replacement computer desk.
  2. Fixing the wardrobe: No movement.
  3. Clearing the garage: No real movement. However this is, perhaps surprisingly, a good thing - we've generated several more boxes that need cleared, but which still fit within the "one carload" part of the task. I also now know what to do with the washing machine.
  4. Mounting the pinboard: No movement. That's one of the tasks for this coming weekend.
  5. Building the shelves: I did this at the weekend, so it can now be removed from the list.
  6. Scanning old photos: One more niggly little bit of decluttering I have to do is to take some old photos I have accumulated over the years, scan them into digital form, and then get rid of almost all of the originals - they're mostly but not entirely just clutter, so I want rid. This is the other task for the coming weekend, though it may be over-ambitious to do it in one.
  7. Scanning old bagpipe music: This is something I mostly did many years ago. However, I have since accumulated quite a lot of additional music that I'd like to scan and shred (mostly). I'm also quite keen to compile the existing files into more convenient PDFs.
  8. MP3 cleanup: Before I did either the digital declutter or the scan-and-shred, my first big cleanup task was to take my accumulated music files and better arrange them. However doing so left a few things in a less-than-satisfactory state. Since it was bugging me, I set myself a task to clean these up, which I achieved at the weekend. Which of course means that the first time I'm mentioning this task is when I'm removing it from the list, but there it is!
In theory, it should be possible to tackle all of these except the study over the next three weeks (and if I get to the point where the study is the only remaining task I'm going to drop the list). In practice, I fear it will take considerably longer - there's a reason some of these tasks have been lingering for quite some time now. Still, this weekend represented good progress, so if it can continue that will be promising.

No comments: