Monday, May 20, 2019

Avengers: Endgame

LC and I finally made it out to "Avengers: Endgame" this weekend. I find I have very little to say about it, mostly because we've waited sufficiently long to see it that just about everything that there is to say has already been said. Suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a really great culmination to everything in the MCU so far, it put a wonderful capstone on many of the individual stories and plotlines that have been cooking for so long, and it really didn't feel like three hours.

I think the thing that impressed me most was actually some of the quieter moments in the film. I can't say more without going into spoilers (which I'm inclined to avoid here, even now), but there were three character interactions (well, two and a non-interaction) that were particularly good.

All that said, I think I'm done with superhero movies for a while. I'm inclined to skip "Dark Phoenix" and even "Spider-man: Far From Home" in the cinema - I'll catch them on blu-ray. For now, I'm wanting to see something new, something different. Hollywood, please make it so!

#22: "Doctor Who: Wit, Wisdom and Timey-Wimey Stuff", by Cavan Scott and Mark Wright
#23: "Pathfinder: Last Watch", by Larry Wilhelm

No comments: