Thursday, October 12, 2023

Ahsoka

There is no Star Wars TV series that I have looked forward to more than "Ahsoka". I'm a big fan of "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels", and very much enjoyed Ahsoka's appearances in both "The Mandalorian" and "The Book of Boba Fett". But after the abject failure that was "Secret Invasion", I actually approached the series with something approaching terror.

The good news is that that terror was almost entirely unfounded - "Ahsoka" has an excellent cast, a strong (albeit very slow) plot, and loads and loads of Star Wars goodness. And the fifth episode, in particular, may be the single best thing Disney have done with Star Wars since they got it.

I don't want to say much more about the series now, to avoid spoilers. I strongly recommend it. But, if you haven't watched "The Clone Wars" and, especially, "Rebels", I strongly recommend waching those first - while "Ahsoka" does manage to stand alone, it gains a huge amount from the context that those shows give.

#17: "Elektra", by Jennifer Saint (good book, by the way)

No comments: