Sunday, October 15, 2023

Status Report

I've spent much of the past week feeling various measures of not great, and the last two days feeling pretty awful. Fortunately, it has nonetheless been a productive week - I had a list of five things I wanted to get done, and can report significant progress on four of them:

  • I finished two books this holiday, being the final book from The List, and one from the big pile of waiting books. That clears off one of the items from my "clearing the decks" list, and takes a bite out of another.
  • We've arranged to have the carpet in the upstairs hallway replaced - that should be done by the end of this month, and just in time for my penultimate update on goals for the year.
  • The NAS has been set up! It was horrible, but the various steps were taken, the PCs are now backed up (and set up to back up), the media server is set up and working, and the library is populated at least with some things. I now have a very large task to populate the rest of it, but that's another job for another day (or year).
  • I tried to update the church website, only to discover that the server is positively creaking. Some surgery has been done to this, and a big chunk of the update is now done (or at least good enough). There's quite a bit still to go, especially on the back end, but I'm happy with what I've done.
  • I did not, however, get any of those 6,000 words written.

All in all, I'm happy with that. I now have one more task on the "clear the decks" list to go, and one goal to complete on my trio for the year. So that's pretty good, I think.

No comments: