Monday, October 02, 2023

Clearing the Decks

Now that we're more than three-quarters of the way through the year, and with both my RPG campaign and the final book in The List coming towards their conclusions, I find myself thinking about the benefits of a clean slate going in to next year. There are a number of things that have been sitting in my To Do pile for quite some time, and a few other things that haven't been but maybe should.

In which case, here's the list of things I'd like to get done in the remainder of this year:

  • Finish the final book on The List.
  • Start reading through the big pile of books I have waiting.
  • Replace the carpet in the upstairs hallway.
  • Set up the NAS. (Yes, I recall my post from last month. But it bothers me having it just sitting there as an active accusation.)
  • Update the church website. That has been sitting ignore dfor far too long, and really needs some attention.
  • Finish the writing of the final part of the campaign - I have 6,000 words to go, and it would be good to get them written.

And that's it. I don't expect to get all of these done, and indeed may barely scratch the surface, but at least there's a list to be working through. Oh, it's also perhaps worth noting that this is not an ordered list - it's just a bunch of things to do, without priorities.

No comments: