Sunday, October 29, 2023

Experimental Cookery 2023: Curries of the World 1

On Wednesday I enjoyed a team-building day at the "Edinburgh New Town Cook School". ("Enjoyed a team-building" anything should really be a contradiction in terms, but this once was an exception.) The course was the aforementioned "Curries of the World 1", the nature of which should probably be obvious.

It was a really good course - well presented, and the instructor was clearly both well on top of her subject and also enthusiastic about presenting it. All of which is to the good.

The day began with a demonstration, as a curry paste was put together and then used to cook a dish. This then served as a morning snack, before we proceeded with our cooking: two curry pastes, and then four dishes, most of which we took home. There were lots of prawns.

Anyway, it was a really good day, and I found I enjoyed it a bit more than the Nick Nairn thing I attended a few years ago, though probably just because I knew some people there!

And that's actually all I have to say about that - the latter half of the week has been a disaster, so I'm playing catch up more than a little.

#19: "Firefly: What Makes Us Mighty", by M.K. England

No comments: