Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Paramount+

We're coming to the end of our three-month deal with Paramount+. As it happens, I'm going to renew for one additional month (to let "Star Trek: Lower Decks" conclude its fourth season), but after that I'll be cancelling.

Overall, I feel I've had my money's worth from the subscription, but only just - I basically subscribed for the various "Star Trek" shows, and have had good viewing from those. I've also watched two films, one of which I enjoyed and the other not so much. (It would be quite nice if "Scream 6" happened to return to the service in the next month, but I'm not too hopeful.)

Ultimately, though, I have very little interest in the rest of the offering - and, indeed, since I went in assuming I was going to cancel before too long, I deliberately didn't take a chance on any of the other series.

The upshot, therefore, is that I think this is probably a channel I'll dip in to for a couple of months roughly yearly, to catch up on the various Trek series, but otherwise won't bother with. And my recommendation would probably be to do the same. (This makes it different from Disney+, which is basically a permanent subscription for us - there's just too much good stuff on there.)

No comments: